Julie Billingham BSc (Hons)
- Strategy Director, Centre for Systems Philosophy (CSP)
- Co-founder & Product Director, Library of Exploratory Science (Lexscien)
- Co-founder & Director, Centre for Fundamental & Anomalies Research (C-FAR)
- Strategy Advisor on Operations & Technology, International Network for the Study of Spirituality (INSS)
- Trustee, Society for Psychical Research (SPR)
- Trustee, Ripieno Choir, Esher, UK
- Rousseau, D., Billingham, J., & Calvo-Amodio, J. (2019). Systemic Virtues as a Foundation for a General Theory of Design Elegance. Systems Research and Behavioral Science, 36(5).
- Rousseau, D., Billingham, J., & Calvo-Amodio, J. (2018). Systemic Semantics: A Systems Approach to Building Ontologies and Concept Maps. Systems, 6(32), 1–24.
- Rousseau, D., & Billingham, J. (2018). A Systemic Framework for Exploring Worldviews and its Generalization as a Multi-Purpose Inquiry Framework. Systems, 6(27), 1–20.
- Rousseau, D., Wilby, J., Billingham, J., Blachfellner S. (2018). General Systemology: Transdisciplinarity for Discovery, Insight and Innovation. Tokyo:Springer
- Rousseau, D., Wilby, J., Billingham, J., Blachfellner S. (2016). Manifesto for General Systems Transdisciplinarity. Systema, 4(1), Special Issue – General Systems Transdisciplinarity, pp. 4-14.
- Rousseau, D., Wilby, J., Billingham, J., Blachfellner S. (2016). A Typology for the Systems Field. Systema, 4(1), Special Issue – General Systems Transdisciplinarity, pp.15-47.
- Rousseau, D., Wilby, J., Billingham, J., Blachfellner S. (2016). The Scope and Range of General Systems Transdisciplinarity. Systema, 4(1), Special Issue – General Systems Transdisciplinarity, pp. 48-60.
- Rousseau, D., Billingham, J., Wilby, J., Blachfellner S. (2016). The Synergy between General Systems Theory and the General Systems Worldview. Systema, 4(1), Special Issue – General Systems Transdisciplinarity, pp. 61-75.
- Rousseau, D., Billingham, J., Wilby, J., Blachfellner S. (2016). In Search of General Systems Theory. Systema, 4(1), Special Issue – General Systems Transdisciplinarity, pp. 76-99.
- Rousseau, D., Blachfellner S., Billingham, J., Wilby, J. (2016). A Research Agenda for General Systems Transdisciplinarity. Systema, 4(1), Special Issue – General Systems Transdisciplinarity, pp. 100-110.
- Wilby, J., Rousseau, D., Midgley, G., Drack, M., Billingham, J., & Zimmermann, R. (2015). Philosophical Foundations for the Modern Systems Movement. In M. Edson, G. Metcalf, G. Chroust, N. Nguyen, & S. Blachfellner (Eds.), Systems Thinking: New Directions in Theory, Practice and Application. Proceedings of the Seventeenth Conversation of the International Federation for Systems Research, April 27 – May 2, 2014, St. Magdalena, Linz (pp. 32-42). Linz, Austria: SEA-Publications, Johannes Kepler University.
- Rousseau, J.A. (2013). Curating the Conditions for a Thrivable Planet, Report for the Scientific & Medical Network, Network Review, Summer 2013
- Rousseau, J.A. 2020. 5 Test-and-Learn Pitfalls and How to Avoid Them, Salesforce.com European Blog.
- Rousseau, J.A. 2020. Shifting Perspectives on the Customer Journey, Salesforce.com European Blog.
- Standish, J., Garf, R., Allen, J., Okolie, R., Masket, J., Rousseau, J. 2017. Retail Organizations: The Next Stage of Transformation, Accenture & Salesforce Research Report.
- Rousseau, J. A. 2017. Five Myths Undermining Organisational Development in Retail. Salesforce Commerce Cloud white paper.
- Rousseau, J.A. 2016. Retail Operations Canvas User Guide : A tool for designing digital commerce teams. Salesforce Commerce Cloud.
MEES, C.C. and ROUSSEAU, J.A. 1997. The potential yield of the lutjanid fish Pristipomoides filamentosus from the Mahé Plateau, Seychelles: Managing with uncertainty. Fisheries Research 33:73-87.
MEES, C.C. and ROUSSEAU, J.A. 1995. Optimisation of yield of Pristipomoides filamentosus from the Tongan seamount fishery by changing size at first capture. In Dalzell, P and TJH Adams (compilers) South Pacific Commission and Forum Fisheries Agency Workshop on the Management of South Pacific Inshore Fisheries (1995: Noumea). Manuscript collection of country statements and background papers, Volume I, SPC/Insh. Fish. Mgmt/BP7 pp 291-306
KIRKWOOD, G.P., BEDDINGTON, J.R. and ROSSOUW, J.A. 1994. Harvesting Species of Different Lifespans. pp 199-227 in Edwards, P.J., May, R. and Webb, N.R. (Eds) Large Scale Ecology and Conservation Biology. Blackwell Scientific Publications. · Jan 1, 1994
ROSSOUW, J.A. 1993. Comparing the Performance of Weapon Systems in Terms of an Application Role. ORION, Vol. 9, No.1, pp. 21-35.
- Rousseau, D., & Billingham, J. What would have to be true about the world? On evidence for the possibility of consciousness surviving death. Submitted to the Bigelow Institute for Consciousness Studies Essay Competition 2021 . [Winner of a Runner-up Prize]
- Rousseau, D., & Billingham, J. (2012). Is there "Ultimate Stuff" and are there "Ultimate Reasons"? The Foundational Questions Institute’s 2012 Essay Competition: Questioning the Foundations. [Finalist] Published at http://fqxi.org/community/forum/topic/1539
Rousseau, J.A. Review of ‘A World in a Grain of Sand’ by Mary Rose Barrington, Ian Stevenson and Zofia Weaver, JSPR Volume 70, 2006 p. 244-245
Rousseau, J.A and Rousseau, D.N. 2005. The Spellchecker Case: Computer-Mediated Mediumship? JSPR Volume 69, p177-190
Rousseau, J.A. 2002 Review of ‘Monsters’ by John Greer, Amazon.com
- Rousseau, J. 2014. GST as a Route to Discovering New Systemics. Presented at the European Meetings on Cybernetics and Systems Research, April 2014.
- Rousseau J. 2012. Understanding Galileo's Critics : Lessons from the Scientific Revolution. Presented to the 2012 International Conference of the Society for Psychical Research.
- Rousseau, D., Calvo-Amodio, J., Billingham, J. (2019). “Systemic Virtues in Natural and Engineered Designs”. Presentation to the Systems Science Working Group (SSWG) in the International Workshops 2019 (IW19) of the International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE), held in Torrance, CA USA, 26 - 29 January 2019
- Systems Philosophy and its Relevance to Systems Engineering. Workshop leader, supported by J. Wilby, J. Billingham, and S. Blachfellner. Workshops organised and sponsored by the Systems Science Working Group (SSWG) of the International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE). Held in conjunction with the International Symposium of INCOSE in Seattle, Washington, USA, 11 Jul 2015, and the 2015 International Conference of the ISSS in Berlin, Germany, 2 August 2015.
ERASMUS, C.M., ROUSSEAU, J.A. and VISSER, N. 1990. ORMAR: An Operations Research Tool for Marketing Support. South African Weapon Systems Symposium.
ROUSSEAU, J.A. 1990. The Evaluation of a Weapon System's Effectiveness in terms of its Application Role. South African Weapon Systems Symposium.
PETERSON, C and ROUSSEAU, J.A. 1989. Ballistic Weapons for future Fighter Applications. South African Weapon Systems Symposium.
Add to presentation section:
- various SPR TBD (besides Galileo below)
- Incose IW presentation
A shining crescent far beneath the flying vessel.
Apparently we had reached a great height in the atmosphere, for the sky was a dead black, and the stars had ceased to twinkle. By the same illusion which lifts the horizon of the sea to the level of the spectator on a hillside, the sable cloud beneath was dished out, and the car seemed to
Narmadha Neelagandan - Designer
Silver mist suffused the deck of the ship.
As I went on, still gaining velocity, the palpitation of night and day merged into one continuous greyness; the sky took on a wonderful deepness of blue, a splendid luminous color like that of early twilight; the jerking sun became a streak of fire, a brilliant arch, in space; the moon a fainter fluctuating band; and I could see nothing of the stars, save now and then a brighter circle flickering in the blue.